Bullhead Adult Education Centre
Welcome to the Bullhead Adult Education Centre Website
The objective of Tsuut'ina's Bullhead Adult Education Centre (BAEC) is to assist adult students in enhancing their education and employability. The BAEC instills a feeling of pride and self-worth in Tsuut’ina Nation members by providing a culturally holistic, alternative education centre. Our overarching goal is to ensure that adult functional literacy, educational upgrading, General Equivalency Diplomas, computer training, and work experience programming are attainable for all Tsuut'ina Nation members.
Providing this variety of programming encourages Nation members to surmount various outcomes, such as diminished social growth and a reduced sense of control over life circumstances that may have stemmed from their personal decision to leave school. The BAEC welcomes and encourages all Nation members to take advantage of the unique learning opportunities offered at our facility.
BAEC Application Process:
BAEC Application Process
The Last official funding date for academic upgrading for the September 2022 semester is June 30, 2022.
The Last official funding date for academic upgrading for the February 2023 semester is December 30, 2022.
1. Fill the BAEC application: The application must include social security number, band number, and Alberta Health number
a. Copy of Photo ID, Alberta Health Card.
b. Proof of dependents, if any (I.e. copies of Alberta Health Cards, birth certificates)
2. Arrange a meeting with the principal/academic counsellor to complete the academic plan and the schedule. (Please contact the BAEC administrator assistant to set up the time with the principal/academic counsellor.)
3. Fill the funding application on the school website.
4. Arrange a meeting to fill the Alberta Works funding application. Note you may fill your Alberta Works Funding application on your own. Please Email the principal/academic counsellor a copy of the application. in order to receive your Training Provider Information (TPI) form.
5. Fill the Alberta Works Funding Application. All Students must Fill the Alberta Works Funding Application without exception.
Note: Students must provide a copy of the Funding Decision letters once they have received them.
6. Write the BAEC test before classes start. (The staff will arrange the test time.)
Note: students close to completing their high school diploma should contact an advisor at the post-secondary school where they plan to attend to ensure that they have all the prerequisites for the program they are applying for. Also, students should visit the post-secondary website if they are a Tsuut'ina member for information on how to apply for funding and the due dates.
Alberta Works Funding Application and process
Teachers' Online Class links
Teachers Assistants Online links